Full Time - Permanent
Kuwait - Kuwait City
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Plays a key role in how customers, employees and the general public perceive Ooredoo and serves as an adviser in managing a company’s reputation. Helps leaders prepare for media interviews, develop messages to deliver to investors, customers and employees and suggest new initiatives to keep companies on the cutting edge of communication with their stakeholders
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Assists the supervisor, senior management and key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive PR program that will convey to various external constituencies the quality and value of the Ooredoo Telecom.
- Assists in the development of strategic and tactical public relations plans in support of business goals that clearly articulate the mission, vision and values of Ooredoo and supports all ancillary programs of the organization as a whole.
- Assists with providing feedback on crisis issues related to the public image of Ooredoo.
- Ensures the supervisor is apprised of current issues and events in an on-going, timely and appropriate manner.
- Recommends PR strategies for use with external audiences and seeks direction when appropriate.Enhances relationships with the media; develops and implements a proactive and responsive media relations function, designed to increase Ooredoo’s visibility within appropriate primary and secondary markets.
- Generates and pitches stories; responds to media inquiries; makes appropriate arrangements for interviews and directs image of Ooredoo’s senior management
- Serves as official spokesperson for Ooredoo and oversees media relations on-call coverage to respond to media inquiries, and acts as first point of contact for crises, issues or other non-routine after-hours needs.
- Monitors and analyses media trends and coverage related to Ooredoo, its key constituencies, its competitors and issues affecting the telecom industry. Takes action as needed to ensure appropriate messages are being relayed through the media.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training program for senior leadership to enhance preparation and interaction with the media.
- Responsible for monitoring all media activity and placements. Ensures timely and convenient distribution of daily clips, along with periodic reports for Ooredoo and individual events/topics.
- Researches, writes and disseminates news releases, feature stories, photo releases, calendar announcements and story pitches to appropriate media, as well as special presentations, speeches, talking points and other communication pieces for CEO and other company leaders.
- Develops and maintains an acute awareness of interests, needs and sensitivities among Ooredoo’s various audiences, including customers, stakeholders, volunteers, Board of Directors and general public.
- Recognizes problems early and takes necessary steps to achieve goals.
- Generates innovative solutions and ideas that support the goals of the department and the organization, and participates in the implementation of same.
- Provides editorial review on letters, proposals and other communication pieces developed by other departments.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing team to ensure the consistency of messages among all marketing and corporate communications and participates in setting strategic direction for external efforts.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information coming into and being disseminated out of the department.
- Assists in building and managing a team of external resources to ensure productivity and successfully achieve communications objectives.Proactively take responsibilities of self-improvements by staying well-informed of developments in local and international media trends, innovations in telecom.
- Required 3-4 years’ experience in a corporate communications management role in a regional company, with strong experience of employee communications, leadership communication and brand management
- At least one year experience in the telecom sector
- A strong business focus, with a clear understanding of how to create value though professional communications activity
- A strong team mentality, but with the ability to work under own initiative
- Strong copywriting skills/demanding editorship
- Strong project relevant management experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, and to work calmly under pressure
- Experience of briefing and steering external agencies, and controlling costs
- Good comprehension skills, to be quickly familiarized with new range of duties
- The ability to create innovative communication solutions & ideas to meet business needsExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Solid ability to present to senior audiences and facilitate the same
- Strong executive level presence
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong experience managing teams
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field is required with appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute
ملاحظة: يجب إرفاق الملفات التالية:
1. Resume / cv