Full Time - Permanent
Kuwait - Kuwait City
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Performs routine to complex internal audit work, depending on experience, which involves conducting performance, and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to Ooredoo Kuwait management and staff; and providing input to the development of the annual Audit Plan.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Undertake risk analysis, identifies risk areas and assist in preparing the annual Audit Plan.
- Perform tests in the Audit Plan and prepares work papers to report on work undertaken.
- Prepare audit reports highlighting weaknesses identified in the system of internal controls, non-compliance with procedures/control systems and instructions, and making recommendations for improvement in response to audit findings.
- Follow the audit procedures to identify and define issues, develop audit criteria, review and analyse evidence, and document processes and procedures.
- Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer surveys, compose summary memos, and prepare working papers as part of the internal audit.
- Identify, develop, and document any issues identified in an audit and make recommendations using independent judgment.
- Discuss audit issues with the appropriate managers and obtains their feedback on points reported in the audit.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of an audit and ad hoc consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
- Make recommendations on ways to improve the audit work processes.
- Maintain all organisational and professional ethical standards and ensures all internal audit activities carried out or supervised are in compliance with the IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
- Support the quality assurance and improvement program (QAIP).Conduct consulting engagements pertaining the review of policies and procedures of the different business departments if asked to do so by superiors.
- Undertake ad hoc or special audit assignments and investigations as instructed by the Senior Manager, Financial & Operational Internal Audit or CAE.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Represent internal audit at Ooredoo Kuwait project team meetings, at management meetings, and meetings with external organisations.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with colleagues.
- Other duties and related work as directed by Senior Manager, Financial & Operational Internal Audit or CAE.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting from a from a first tier educational institute.
- Commencement towards post-graduate qualifications in business administration, public administration, or a related field or profession (e.g., IT auditing, fraud auditing, or accounting) will be viewed favourably.
- Required 3-4 years of experience in internal audit and accounting ( Internal Auditor)
- Knowledge of corporate regulations, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics
- Analytical and evaluation skills.
- Some experience with report writing and conducting presentations.
- Exposure to planning and project management.
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in both Arabic and English.
- Experience with specialised computer system relating to audit, and other relevant business software is preferred.
ملاحظة: يجب إرفاق الملفات التالية:
1. Resume / cv