Full Time - Permanent
Kuwait - Kuwait City
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
- To plan, dimension and engineer the design specifications of the entities and services in the area responsible for Microwave/ SDH/ PDH/ IP based MW/ DWDM and other access network transport technologies.
- The Senior level will execute many of the same activities as the Junior and Mid level, but in addition, will typically work on more complex, larger and higher importance/impact projects. The Senior level will also typically be expected to deliver highly optimal results as a product of broader and deeper experience.
- To contribute technical plan expertise & participate in the OFC Backbone transmission planning, Implementation & Maintenance team for project managing development of Ooredoo Telecom’s network.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Track capacity and resource utilization of various systems and services in the area responsible for.
- Planning and dimensioning of Backbone and Backhaul network elements like DWDM/SDH/Microwave PDH/ IP based MW and other access network transport facilities. Apply stringent design techniques for capacity dimensioning on Backhaul networks.
- Plan OFC hub expansion and OFC roll out with relevant teams. Maintain all records of the OFC network. Plan OFC layout for expansion and allocate OFC for various projects with updated documentations.
- Provide backhaul solutions and coordination for survey, Plan, Design and issuance of Work orders for MW Links to connect New Site, relocation of existing sites to the backend Network, ensuring the desired implementation is executed.
- Finalize design specifications of new systems and services, improve design aspects of existing systems and services and formulate respective design documents.
- Planning Backhaul networking for Ooredoo-Kuwait Remote RAN Networks including SRAN elements, legacy BSS networks for 2G, 3G, LTE, related Radio technologies, POS (Point Of Sale), B2B and customer Networks for the purpose of transporting Traffic, Monitoring, and any Business requirements. Plan IP allocation for Backhaul and radio sites and maintain updated design details and documentation.
- Clock Synchronization design and verification on Transmission backbone.
- Plan and design redundancy and resiliency of major networks to provide telecom grade services with 99.999% availability and for MW backhaul networks up to 99.99%. Plan, design and set procedures to eliminate single points of failure to backbone networks and all mission critical components and services. Ensure effective and immediate backup facility in the event of system and network failures.
- Prepare RFP for telecommunications projects defining detailed scope of work with technical
- specifications and requirements including HW/SW, spares, test bed items, services & delivery, statement of compliance, Responsibility Matrix. Evaluate technical bids from multiple vendors for proposed hardware and services as per statement of compliance and specified technical requirements.
- Procurement of network elements and services needed to fulfil business projects, and follow up on all stages from initiation to delivery/implementation ensuring sound process for purchase and usage.
- Provide budgetary inputs (3YBP & AOP) taking into account future network requirements, Business forecasts and objectives, strategic enhancements.
- Generate implementation documents that would be the reference document for Implementation team while integrating new systems/services. Maintain planning documentation and keep information current on relevant documents and Engineering Tools. Maintain updated diagrams for the Backhaul and Backbone networks of relevance.
- Plan network infrastructure for backbone SDH and IP/MPLS, Core IP backbones, Assists the manager in developing and implementing procedures and standards that will provide effective workflows and satisfy the business needs of Ooredoo Telecom.
- Undertakes critical reviews of supplier’s transmission network planning programs to ensure validity of information.
- Monitors performance of supplier transmission planning activities to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Resolves transmission planning issues that arise out of contract interpretations, escalating those that go beyond level of authority.
- Plan OFC Backbone Network for integration of telecom solutions with backbone, IP, SDH and transmission networks
- Reviews, refines and validates the technical aspects of proposals for transmission and optimising OFC backbone network design and extension.
- Bringing in cost saving solutions and innovations and avoiding unbudgeted costs by minimizing the requirements for putting change requests to the vendors.
- Highlight issues on the technical aspects of involved project.
- Meet quality and performance KPI with supporting documents.
- Provide active support to other Ooredoo-Kuwait Telecom departments.
- Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues pertaining to the area responsible for.
- Provides reports, make standard reports and tailor make them where necessary.
- Provide and manage support on special projects as and when assigned by seniors and superiors.
- Keep abreast with newer technology, roadmap & prepare the network to meet the future challenges
- Accomplish delivery of projects in a timely manner and follow up on progress of activities.
- Collaborate with other departments/ staff in delivering Technology projects efficiently & on time
- Assess network and system performance. Identify opportunities for network and system optimization, development and upgrades that extend and exploit the full potential of Ooredoo-Kuwait existing technological capability
- Audit & Standards Compliance - Internal Audit, Security Governance, QI recommendations and standards compliance. This includes drafting processes and planning Network
- architecture Upgrades based on Audit & standards compliance.
- Comply with departmental Administrative tasks including and not limited to
- Apply appropriate processes on Requisition Documents for New Requests, PoC, Product Evaluation, ATP and other Planning tasks. All actions must be auditable. Keep track of Purchase Status and Invoice Payment and maintain updated records
- Apply agreed Change Management Procedures, Work Orders & CRs with auditable actions
- Timely Updation of reports & Registers (Activity Report, Issue Register & Weekly Reports, Network Performance WR)
- Apply Purchase procedure during its LifeCycle including follow up appropriately on CAPEX & Status with related procurement teams, and with vendor upon release of PO until equipment delivery.
- Abide and uphold department policy, process and procedures
- Timely Escalation of problems, concerns, delays and any expected issues
- Network Diagram update for MPLS/SDH backbone & Core locations
- Collaboration for delivery of projects in timely manner
- Provide internal consultation in specialised field and assists in the review of prepared designs.
- Coordinate project activities with other departments & apply directed policies and procedures.
- Provide active support to other Ooredoo in country, Group and Opco’s departments.Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- 3-4 years Engineer of relevant experience.
- Engineering graduate with Communications/ Telecom subjects
- Advanced working knowledge of GSM,UMTS, LTE, LTE-A networks
- Advanced planning/design knowledge of MW transmission (added)
- General Telecom industry knowledge
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Good command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantageStrong Analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Bachelor degree in Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute
ملاحظة: يجب إرفاق الملفات التالية:
1. Resume / cv