VAC7531 - Senior Specialist, Data Mining
Full Time - Permanent
Kuwait - Kuwait City
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Plays a senior role in the Data Mining team. Support delivery of Data mining and predictive analysis using data mining tools to support various business initiatives such as Retention, Loyalty, cross sell , up sell
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Oversee activities related to other teams within Business Intelligence Unit.
- Support other Business Intelligence team leaders.
- Build Intelligence using data mining features and tools to support various business initiatives such as Customer Retention, Loyalty, Cross sell, Up Sell
- Support business with segmentation/clustering and target building activities with the help of data mining techniques
- Support business with targeting the right segments for Cross selling / Up Selling various offers, products and services
- Build predictive models to support various business requirements
- Build relevant data mining models including churn, cross-sell/up-sell, clustering/segmentation, value (including life time value), survival, and time series models
- Enhance and optimize existing data mining models.
- Participate in implementation of relevant
- projects, and tasks including prediction cycles, clustering/segmentation exercises/cycles, value and lifetime value, cross-sell/up-sell, survival, time series, and association rules related projects and activities.
- Initiate, participate and oversee the creation of analytical infrastructure and associated analysis and reporting that includes weekly and monthly variables covering many aspects of customers including demographics, usage, social network, revenue etc. Infrastructure would help answer different business questions including churn and retention and support multiple analytics and analytical activities.
- Oversee and participate in the enhancement of customer DNA to be actionable marketing database that includes data mining and non data mining vectors. DNA would enable churn, retention, loyalty, segmentation, and cross-sell and up-sell efforts in a segmented and targeted manner.
- Segment prepaid and post-paid customer bases by using new analytical infrastructure and data mining to generate a segmentation that would provide better insight and enhanced understanding of our customers.
- Manage the process of Data Mining standards.
- Support provision of daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports from the Data Warehouse.
- Ensure that MIS/Data Mining reports and queries are delivered within the Service Level Agreements set.
- Ensure the availability of desktop reporting, query facilities, support and training to end users.
- Research relevant new tools, technologies, methodologies, best practices, and ideas from different sources.
- Meet quality and performance KPI with supporting documents.
- Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues pertaining to the area
- responsible for.
- Provide reports, make standard reports and tailor make them where necessary.
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- 3-4 years required years of experience based on progression ladder, relevant IT/Date Warehouse analysis experience
- Strong Knowledge of the Telecom industry
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing, relational databases, SQL, and reporting tools, data mining techniques, practices, and methodologies
- Very good knowledge of different business areas and concepts including marketing, sales, finance, strategy, B2C, B2B, and CRM
- Ability to translate users requirements into MIS solutions
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage
- Bachelor degree in Business or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
ملاحظة: يجب إرفاق الملفات التالية:
1. Resume / cv