VAC6441 - Stucture Design Senior Engineer
Networks & Engineering
Full Time - Permanent
Myanmar - Yangon
A. ROLE & CONTEXT:
- Engage with TowerCo’s on structural issues and review of their proposed solutions
- Structural Design 'sign-off' for all project deployments.
- Develop more cost effective / innovative site solutions.
- Ensure CW teams understand design principles, interface with providing structural approvals and develop offered solutions
- Prepare Design RFQ and content, including needed specifications for use byProcurement, when required
- Support Procurement in Design and fabricator partner/subcontractor discussions and negotiations
- Ensure proper design documents in TowerCo and partner/subcontractor agreements
- Interface with customer’s Design managers / consultants to review and discuss progress and resolve design issues
- Ensure Internal and external Design personnel competence levels
This role supports build department / roll-out team / Procurement & Legal by managing design related issues for the site rollout, Service Agreements with Partners and Contracts with TowerCo’s.
B. ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The role will have to work closely with other members of Technology Department to effectively run and manage the Overall Rollout of OML build projects.
- Supports ad-hoc as well as regular business tasks related to the Structural Design.
- Supports in preparing & reviewing Technical Schedules for Contracts and Services agreements
- Lead and motivate the structural and civil design team to ensure projects are designed safely
- Overall authority for structural design approval prior to project deployment.
C. KEY RELATIONSHIPS & DECISION MAKING:
D. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI):
- Contribution to Ooredoo overall site rollout.
- Contribution to the Technology Organization in terms of new initiatives.
E. EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years working in structural analysis in construction industry, minimum 2 years working in telecom industry
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required to motivate, performance manage, develop and lead CME Engineers and Vendors
- An ability to think strategically but also able to ensure effective day to day delivery of services.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplined environment
Minimum Entry Qualifications
- Master of Science within Structural Design.
- A wide range of project and people management skills are required, combined with strong experience in the design of structures for Telecommunication sites.
Technical (job related) & Non-technical:
- Solution orientated with an ability to think outside the box
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Effective Communication
- Drive for Results (perseverance to drive and execute)
- Subcontractor & Change Management
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv