VAC6408 - Regulatory Specialist
Full Time - Permanent
Myanmar - Yangon
A. PURPOSE & CONTEXT:
- Provide specialist telecommunications regulatory support for Ooredoo Myanmar (OM).
- Assist in carrying out OM’s regulatory strategy and fulfilling OM’s regulatory requirements.
- Assist in identifying regulatory risks and developing regulatory risk mitigation in order to achieve regulatory aims.
- Share information as required with Ooredoo Group regarding regulatory issues.
- Other support as may be required by OM from time to time.
The OM Regulatory function is responsible for managing regulatory issues for OM to ensure:
- the business aims of OM are unimpeded to the extent possibleby regulatory constraints and are achievable at minimum cost;
- regulatory conditions in Myanmar are conducive to a favourable operating environment;
- regulatory obligations are met; regulatory costs are minimised to the greatest extent possible, unfavorable obligations are removed or modified, and regulatory risks are removed or mitigated;
- The nascent regulatory frameworks In Myanmar are shaped to ensure the interests of OM are protected and enhanced.
B. ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of relevant articles of the Telecommunications Law, the Ooredoo licenses and Telecommunications regulations sufficient to provide informed advice to the regulatory team and business units on regulatory compliance and strategic decision making.
- Draft letters, comments, responses to queries and other communications for submission to the regulator and other relevant ministries regarding telecommunications regulatory issues.
- Provide support through research of international best practices, analysis of regulatory trends and other information for development of complex documents such as responses to public consultations, regulatory audits and other queries issued by the regulator.
- Support the regulatory team on managing wholesale relationships with other licensed operators, such as interconnection, access to telecommunications facilities and sharing of radio sites and other passive infrastructure.
- Support efforts of regulatory team to ensure sales and marketing and other activities of the company are in compliance with the Telecommunications Law and the Applicable Regulatory Framework.
C. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Proactive participation in supporting the efforts of the regulatory team.
- Promoting regulatory compliance by business units while protecting OM’s interests.
- Provide informed support to regulatory advocacy efforts through solid understanding of Myanmar regulation and relevant international best practices.
- Collaboration with relevant business units to deliver favourable regulatory outcomes.
D. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & DECISION MAKING:
Interacts with: (who else do they interact with and at what level and for what purpose Internally & Externally)
Describe the kind of decisions made – what they would be related to and whether they would be made independently or in conjunction with others. This could include Delegated Authority levels
E. EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
- English speaking and writing skills.
- Telecommunications regulatory experience either with government or private sector
Minimum Entry Qualifications
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv