VAC6405 - Digital Services Manager
Marketing & Communications
Full Time - Permanent
Myanmar - Yangon
Purpose & Context:
- Accountable for the effective and efficient delivery, management and maintenance of Ooredoo Myanmar’s Digital Services Portfolio in order to generate revenues, acquire subscribers and meet or exceed CSR and license commitments.
- Develop the company’s digital services portfolio – from sourcing to delivery.
- To review, implement and enforce all processes related to digital services
- Build partnerships to work with VAS aggregators ensuring high quality VAS services/ content are offered.
- To lead on a day-to-day basis the Innovation Program and mange performance to meet defined criteria
- Build program partnerships to support delivery of objectives and value of program to Ooredoo, partners and participants.
- To develop a culture, systems, processes and facilities to optimise outputs from the program and protect them from negative corporate influences
- Ooredoo Myanmar is creating an Innovation Program to stimulate, foster, facilitate and grow mobile application and service innovation in Myanmar.
- The Program will provide developers, start ups and industry with a focal point to accelerate the development of a technology start up ecosystem and leapfrog Myanmar to the forefront within the region.
- The Program is founded on strategic partnerships with local, regional and global partners from commercial organisations, government and NGOs.
- The program serves the purpose of enriching the lives of participants but also the lives of customers across Myanmar who will be able to access the services created.
The Innovation Program provides a critical interface for Ooredoo to local, regional and global technology innovation and services. It provides a window to trends, partners and opportunities to expand Ooredoo business and participate in services otherwise delivered OTT. Internally the program provides a resource to explore ideas while exposing the traditional business to evolving business models, concepts, culture and idea. The role-holder is key to championing the program internally and being the daily representative to partners and external stakeholders.
The position needs to work closely with Marketing Communitcations, Commercial and Enterprise business units. The position is also responsible for being the daily contact with Ooredoo Group and other Opcos on matters related to the program.
DIGITAL Portfolio Management
- Develop, launch, and manage through lifecycle a portfolio of digital services to address allocated strategic focus.
- Implement and maintain a full project plan taking into account the actions required by each team engaged in portfolio delivery (segments, marketing, regulatory, IT, etc.,)
- Develop marketing concepts and materials to support the promotion and delivery of digital services in the market
- Build internal relationships and connections to champion digital services within the business and optimize its integration into core mobile services.
- Build external relationships and partnerships to support the delivery and expansion of the service portfolio. Work with partners to identify opportunities to expand the digital portfolio and / or increase its relevance and impact.
- Create adequate customer complaint management process for delivery and expansion of the service portfolio. Work with partners to identify opportunities to expand the portfolio and/or increase its relevance and impact.
- Monitoring of live services and managing the production and accuracy of the reports on levels of compliance
- Produce weekly reports for senior management including weekly revenue statistics
- Working in close coordination with IT, marketing, sales, finance and customer services departments for a successful product launch developed marketing and sales strategy for digital services portfolio.
Program Creation and Management
- Develop, evaluate and optimism program
- Champion program within Ooredoo and to external parties
- Develop and evolve program metrics. Manage program performance to agreed metrics
- Manage outsource partners to meet deliverables / objectives
- Lead communications strategy for program
- Provide support to Ooredoo Brand and marketing initiatives
- Ensure program meets any related license conditions
- Operational engagement with program partners on daily basis
- Manage key program sponsors
- Develop and manage communications program for partners
- Build portfolio of supporters and partners to complement Program objectives and activities
- Develop and secure approval of annual budgets
- Manage program within budget
- Develop and manage communications program for partners
- Escalation point of daily issues / disputes from program participants
- Ooredoo lead for participant recruitment programs
- Interact and integrate with community
- Build Ooredoo credibility within community
Business impact of role
- The program provides an opportunity to create a disproportionate impact on free and social media commentary on Ooredoo. Leadership of the program provides high profile positioning in relevant media that must be managed within media guidelines and in consultation with CMO and CSO
- Develop and maintain operational reports to monitor performance and focus attention for growth
- Subscriber numbers of digital services
- Revenue per user per service
- Number of media releases
- Customer complaints
- Strategic partnerships, partner satisfaction
Technical and non technical
- Project Management
- High degree of internet and digital literacy and tech awareness
- Communication & influencing skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Conflict handling and resolution skills
- Developed communication and reporting skills
- Analytical thinking, problem solving approach and decision making capabilities
- Start- up and entrepreneurship business attitude
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Number of events / programs
- Participants in events / programs
- Number of residents / occupancy levels of campus
- Start ups created
- Enterprise survival rate after 3 years
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & DECISION MAKING:
- Marketing / Markcomms
- Customer Experience
- Ooredoo Group New Business
- Incubator partner
- Program partners
- Financial authorization will be in line with defined procedures and per-determined guidelines
- Primarily decision making without commercial impact for effective operation of the program
- Escalation to Director Digital Services for issues relating to branding, commercial impact or budget
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Digital Portfolio Management
- Telecom experience or large IT corporate experience preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to communicate with technical leads, designers, marketers, and executives
Minimum Entry Qualifications
- Fluent English language
- Fluent Myanmar
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv
2. Passport-size photograph