VAC6382 - RAN Planning & Engineering- Senior Manager
Networks & Engineering
Full Time - Permanent
Myanmar - Yangon
A. ROLE & CONTEXT:
This role is responsible for managing end2end planning, design, optimization, for RAN networks to ensure optimum quality and network performance ensuring OM’s customers have full use of products & services 24/7.
The existing and planned scope of work includes,
- RAN Strategy
- RF Spectrum management.
- RAN Planning
- RAN Regional Rollout & Planning Support.
- Network Sharing planning
- Dimension, Capacity forecasting and expansion planning
- RAN Architecture
- Traffic analysis & Network performance.
- Technology Projects Management
- Provide Support to PMO for tracking all RAN projects
The Technology Unit within OM is the backbone of the organization providing all technology services which enable OM to deliver its services to its customers across all technology platforms, 24/7/365. The quality of the customer experience sits within this BU and therefore it plays a significant role in the delivery of revenue and satisfaction targets.
The RAN Networks department contributes to this through the effective planning and design and build of all RAN networks ensuring OM customers have full use of all services 24/7.
B. ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Directs and facilitates the development of an overall strategy for RAN Networks department and leadsand its effective implementation
- Ensure Shared RAN Master plan is updated, taking into consideration, the Sharing Network design, advantages and disadvantages, to meet Coverage objective and build challenges.
- The role candidate will be responsible for coordinating with Network Sharing partner, OM Technology, Marketing and Rollout on shared network master planning.
- Contribute to the Technology Department strategic roadmap and support business planning exercise of Technology Department
- Ensure timely monitoring and management of KPIs in order to meet defined targets, and manage timely reporting of KPIs to the P&E Director and the ‘Performance Management’ department
- Formulate annual operational plans and budgets for own area and ensure its effective execution through the identification of clear priorities and the allocation of appropriate resources
- Ensure short-term (12 months) RAN networks capacity forecasting
- Assist the PMO, wherever required, in prioritizing and in technical feasibility of projects / products / change requests w.r.t. fixed access and transport networks
- Support PMO, in ensuring that all fixed access and transport projects/ initiatives are managed effectively within time and budget
- Support Technology Strategy in identifying upgrade of fixed access and transport networks, and retirement of legacy access networks / equipment
- Support Technology Strategy team in definition and regular update of end-to-end Network architecture
- Ensuresthe analysis ofcurrent processes and propose enhancements for further improvement
- Leads, manages and drives own team ensuring they are performing to the highest standards at all times to deliver business results.
C. KEY RELATIONSHIPS & DECISION MAKING:
Team working, Coaching/Development & Leadership (Coaching & Leadership applicable to people managers)
- Lead, manage, coach and develop own team within the department to ensure the highest level of performance at all times
- Ensures all staff have annual performance meetings through which company and department targets and plans are shared, progress is monitored and performance measured.
- Works as part of the senior management team within the Technology department.
Communicating, negotiating & influencing
- Establish and manage multiple cross-functional relationships, coordination and communication lines with all units in the business unit and across OM.
- Provide motivation and commitment through visible and effective leadership.
- Seeks to influence decisions, negotiate work-around/timescales/budgets etc with other departments within OM
- Full authority over all work carried out within the department
- Full cost centre authority
- Input into major (technology wide)decisions on a day-to-day basis
- Resource allocation decisions within the department
- Operational decisions to improve methods and procedures.
- Technical authority to accept core network changes
- Technical authority to approve planned network outage time
- More strategic decisions or those with significant cross functional/budget or customer impact will be taken in conjunction with others across OM and within the technology department
D. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI):
- Management of department activities within allocated budget (capex & opex)
- Achieve the Coverage & Quality KPI as per target.
- Work on spectrum related issues with legal and regulator
- Achieve regulator coverage and raise deviations to management.
- Achievement of network capacity and coverage as per Technology department business plan
- Network availability / congestion/ utilization
- Achievement & Timely Reporting of KPIs
E. EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
- 10 years of relevant experience in engineering, at least 4 of which should be in a managerial position in a similar size technology based organisation
- Significant and demonstrable experience in transport networks and their associated technologies and operations
- Significant and proven expertise in Operation & Maintenance of Core Networks
- Proven experience in Planning & Roll out of RAN Networks
- Proven expertise in translating business requirements into operating technologies
Minimum Entry Qualifications
- Bachelor Engineering degree in Electronics / Telecommunications Engineering
- MS/MSc is an advantage.
Technical (job related) & Non-technical:
- Ability to develop project plans – inter dependencies –identify risk and manage within time and budget
- Ability to develop strategy and road map for RAN Network & introduction of LTE.
- Ability to develop and implement operation and maintenance processes within core networks
- Effective Communication
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Thinking
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Drive for Results (perseverance to drive and execute)
- Change Management
- Influence & persuasion
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv