VAC6609 - Gaza - Network & Technical Support Engineer
Full Time - Permanent
Palestine - Gaza
Role Summary & Responsibilities:
Role Summary :
The Network & Technical Support Engineer role is to configure, optimize, administrate and troubleshoot all LAN/WAN systems and services, also he is responsible for planning, implementing, installing, and supporting all network components. Set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization. Provide 2nd line IT technical support for End users, software’s, applications and computers.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Network Support Duties & Responsibilities :
- Manage Network planning, designing, optimizing, Implementation and troubleshoot:
- Administration of Corporate Network Segments.
- Troubleshoots to fix any operational issues. Diagnoses hardware or software problems, and replaces defective components. Installs new network hardware and software, including any necessary configuration.
- Wi-Fi Unified system administration and troubleshooting:
- VPN Systems solution and connectivity administration and support including:
- Monitor Users activates and provide support for users accessing the internet.
- Business Internet services systems Administration (Reverse Proxy) and protection from external access toward our services.
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDP) system administration, monitoring, upgrades and reviewing.
- Network Management and status monitoring including Alarms, events monitoring, reporting, systems and configurations backup.
- IP Telephony System administration and troubleshooting.
- Implementation plan of Tele Presence, Right Fax and Digital Signage solutions.
- Security Alarms (threads and vulnerabilities) tracking, monitoring, reporting and reviewing.
- Follow up with company’s new projects in field of IT network and new plans.
- Follow up with external support companies and open support tickets with external teams.
- Accountable for Network configuration documentation, standard and procedures.
- Responsible for CCTV System.
- Technical Support Duties & Responsibilities :
- Provide second line of support for end users computing systems.
- Installe and support for Printers and Printing services.
- Second Level of support for PC’s, and all end users devices (Hardware/Software problems).
- Installe and supporte computer Cabling.
- First line, Second line of supporting for LAN’s and WAN’s.
- Reporting problems and tasks on the computer Service Disk Trouble Ticketing system.
- Check that all open calls are updated daily or according to service desk SLA.
- Liaising with second level supporting and all business units to ensure calls closed in timely manner or according to SLA.
- Define, update, implemente and monitor Operating procedures.
- Monitor Service level agreements.
- Monitore, update Help Desk Inventory and end users assets.
- Insure implementing the Department policies and procedures.
- Meetings with management to anticipate future computer needs ·
- Followe up on calls, interactions escalated via service desk Trouble Ticketing system.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in networking or related field.
- CCNA certificate is a must, CCNP is plus.
- Strong Knowledge on IT Operations and Technical Support.
Personal Traits & Special Skills:
- Good Knowledge of computer networks fundamentals, standards, devices and operations
- Ability to work with others as a team member.
- Ability to work under pressure and stress conditions.
- Ability in resources management and well usage.
- Ability to learn new things fast and accurate.
- Ability to develop a clear understanding of the company’s key functional processes and resources.
- Ability to work 24/7 and in night.
- Ability to follow up with external support/vendors and open support tickets with them.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cisco network devices & routing protocols.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (oral and written).
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv
2. Persoanl professional Photo