VAC6553 - Gaza - Procurement Assistant
Full Time - Permanent
Palestine - Gaza
Role Summary & Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with company departments project managers to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Execute Purchase Requisitions by conducting the most appropriate procurement process according to the company procurement policy and creates purchase orders/contracts, and manages approval process.
- Participate in the negotiations with vendors. Maintains control of correspondence, attends meetings and maintains files in an orderly fashion.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports nonconformances.
- Managing invoices acceptance process and solving any discrepancies between the issued PO and the goods/services received.
- Prepare Periodic reports , saving report , monthly procurement activity reports , procurement plan ,,, ets
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year experience in procurement position.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields of supply chain, computer engineering, computer science or business field.
- Technical background in purchasing category is preferred.
- Excellent organizational & administration skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and a record of attaining cost savings without sacrificing quality and delivery performance. Independent decision making is a must within policy guidelines
- Fluent Read Write & Conversation in both English & Arabic Language.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Very high Negotiation and Communication Skills.
- A good knowledge with local market suppliers is a plus
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv
2. Passport-size photograph