VAC6565 - Senior Specialist - Devices
Full Time - Permanent
Kuwait - Kuwait City
The role-holder is responsible for all device category management duties. Ensuring that the product is available, in the right place at the right time to support business targets and strategic objectives.
Aligns devices category requirements with the marketing roadmap. Owns and manages the cross-functional sales and operation planning (forecasting) process; to ensure robust planning for device inventory requirements; in line with sales channel demands for new launches and on-going offers.
Maintains the accessory roadmap; pricing and inclusion of accessories in the go-to-market offering in consultation of segment managers. Manage the accessory product lifecycle.
Tracks sales performance of device offers, reconciles sell-through against forecasted volumes and continuously drives improvements to reduce inventory requirements (stock days on hand) and shortages. Co-ordinates channel wise allocations in partnership with the merchandising manager.
Personal development focus – should strive to be seen as the company authority on forecasting efficiency and sales and operational planning.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
Runs sales and operational planning process (forecasting / vendor volume planning)
Communicates production requirements with Vendors (head office)
Maintains 3 month rolling device forecast
- Tracks / Manages quality of forecasting against accuracy targets.
‘Mini-Business’ leader for accessories
Develop and maintain the rolling 3, 6 and 12 months accessory roadmap and strategic plan
P+L responsibility for accessory business
- Build and manager accessory vendor relationships (head office)
Maintain accessory retail and offer pricing to ensure competitiveness with competition.
Subject matter expert in market accessory pricing in all channels, operator, indirect and independent retail.
- Drives alignment with Pricing team/Segments leads to ensure accessory bundle pricing/offers meet business targets
- Track industry (Global / Retail / Operator) best practice and drives on-going improvement in the in-store device experience.
3-5 years of experience of which 3 should be experience in telecom, software, consulting or IT sectors
3+ years of experience with mobile devices, such as handset, smartphones and wireless data terminals.
2+ years of experience in forecasting and channel/production planning for devices.
1+ years of inside sales or account management experience.
Experience with cross-functional sales and operational planning.
Ability to effectively operate within diverse and cross functional groups, including outside partners/suppliers
Proven track record in product development, devices & accessories, product marketing, events planning and partnerships
Core understanding of P+L and Budgets; ability to communicate in financial terms | elementary financial literacy
- Desire to understanding of the key trends, technologies and companies in today's global communications landscape | must show passion and curiosity for accessories.
- MS Office applications (focus Excel, PowerPoint)
- Oracle supply-chain applications/or equivalent (desired / but not mandatory)
- Bachelor Degree (Marketing, Business or Science preferred)
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv