VAC6424 - Director, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Full Time - Permanent
Kuwait - Kuwait City
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
To develop and execute an effective and robust strategy for enterprise risk management in OK. In addition to put in place risk awareness, identification and resolution processes across all parts of the organization which will ensure risk is mitigated in all parts of the business limiting revenue losses and maximizing returns, with strong emphasis on educating and implementing systems which will continually strengthen and improve ERM awareness and successes.
- Leading the and ensuring the integration of risk management into the business processes to assist in the risk management decision making based upon identified key risks, both specific and general.
- Work closely with the management to identify, prioritize, analyze, treat, monitor, validate and address strategic, financial, compliance and operational risk across all facets of the business.
- Leading enterprise risk management practices within the company.
- Leading the development and dissemination of communications across the organization to promote and build a proactive approach to risk identification and mitigation.
- Providing executive information on program status of ERM initiatives.
- Overseeing the preparation of ERM reports for board and audit committee.
- Interact regularly with Internal Audit to manage and mitigate exposure to risk
- Benchmark Risk Management practices, providing strategies for improvements where needed
- Ensure the compliance of OK activities with the approved Group ERM framework
- Leading, managing, coaching and developing own teams to ensure the highest level of performance across the function.
- Participate in global telecommunication forums and risk management educational programs to stay abreast of emerging issues affecting the telecommunication industry.
- Lead the implementation of ERM best practice.
- Prepare and manage the ERM budget
- At least 12 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry out of which at least 10 years directly related to Enterprise Risk Management.
- Proven demonstrable experience in developing ERM strategies and leading their.
- Significant knowledge of Risk Management models and their implementation.
- Knowledge of telecommunication risks in different counties especially in Asia and the Middle East.
Bachelor Degree business/accounting/finance/risk management or economics related discipline, or Computer Science /Operational Management.
Professional qualifications in risk management, would be an advantage.
Master’s Degree in business management/accounting/finance/risk management or economics related disciplined would be recommended.
- Development of ERM strategies, road maps and Risk Appetite.
- Risk Identification and prioritization
- Quantitative and Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Treatment options and Risk Monitoring
- Establishment of Risk Registers and ERM Management tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to boards and senior management
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv